20. COVID – 19
The World of Squash team wanted to write to you directly to keep you informed of the steps we’ve taken, following the recent outbreak of COVID-19 (Corona virus). The safety and well being of both our customers and our staff is our number one priority.
We have been restricted from training at the University. The facilities are being reserved for athletes, swimmers, gymnasts etc going to the Olympic Games. At any of the other venues, where we can continue training, we put in extra measures, based on the latest SASCOC guidelines, due to the current situation.
- Limited / smaller number of players per session
- Training sessions during off peak times
- Players to bring a FULL water bottle, a sweat towel and skipping rope from home
- Please refrain from using the bathroom facilities as the cleaning staff are only around until lunch time
- All team members will wash their hands even more frequently than usual.
- Keeping a close eye on all of our team members and players to ensure they are fit and healthy. Anyone who shows any sign of illness will be asked to stay at home.
- If you cough or sneeze, please use a handkerchief and dispose it yourself. Bins are provided inside at the courts.
- Use hand sanitiser regularly.
- If you do feel even slightly unwell, we kindly ask that you don’t come to training.
- You can enjoy our blogs where coaching techniques and regular updates online can be found on YouTube until you are fit and well to come back
We are sure you understand the benefits of keeping fit and therefore will endeavour to keep you active, even if it is not on a courtt!
Healthy body encourages a healthy mind!
Look after yourself from the World of Squash Team.